Exploring Corpus Christi with the Fujifilm XT3

BLK

New Member
Registered
View attachment 1000020915.jpg


Hello everyone, I really loved this mural that was on the back of this hotel and decided to capture it. I'm open and excited for all feedback and comments. I shot this on a Fujifilm X-T3 with the XF 35mm.
 
It always amazes me how murals like these these are so accurately painted when the artist is working over six stories and can't readily stand back occasionally to check his/her work.
 
I think its a good photograph and the concept from you is good, the artist who did the mural was also thinking about what he or she was doing.
It looks misty, was it a misty day, I believe Corpus Christi is near by the Gulf of Mexico, or was the sun high in the sky.
That makes the windows on the upper floors look grey while the windows on the lower floors look dark
The telephone lines, power lines cutting across the scene are distracting, but I cant think how you could avoid them to take this photograph.
 
Welcome. Nice pic.
Thanks
I think its a good photograph and the concept from you is good, the artist who did the mural was also thinking about what he or she was doing.
It looks misty, was it a misty day, I believe Corpus Christi is near by the Gulf of Mexico, or was the sun high in the sky.
That makes the windows on the upper floors look grey while the windows on the lower floors look dark
The telephone lines, power lines cutting across the scene are distracting, but I cant think how you could avoid them to take this photograph.
Hey Oldbones, thanks for stopping by! You are correct Corpus Christi sits right on the Gulf of Mexico, the sun was in a prime spot to send it's rays down on the building. When it comes to the power lines, they bothered me at first but I've accepted them. I'll go back and see what I can do from a different angle. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.
 
It always amazes me how murals like these these are so accurately painted when the artist is working over six stories and can't readily stand back occasionally to check his/her work.
It blows my mind too. We have quite a few of these murals around downtown Corpus Christi and it's like one day there not there then boom a whole wall has been put up right under your nose. These artist are very talented and brave, because some of these things are high up.
 
Thanks

Hey Oldbones, thanks for stopping by! You are correct Corpus Christi sits right on the Gulf of Mexico, the sun was in a prime spot to send it's rays down on the building. When it comes to the power lines, they bothered me at first but I've accepted them. I'll go back and see what I can do from a different angle. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts.
You are very welcome,
 
Back
Top