Vuescan

steveg

Registered
Hi
Just been looking at the Veuscan trial version and it looks like its something I'd be able to use (with a bit of help), but am I correct that I need the professional edition to scan negatives? It seems very expensive if that really is the case.

Cheers

Hi
Just been looking at the Veuscan trial version and it looks like its something I'd be able to use (with a bit of help), but am I correct that I need the professional edition to scan negatives? It seems very expensive if that really is the case.

Cheers
Depends on what you want to scan really.

In the Standard mode, you will have several additional options, such as Crop, Filter, Color, and Output.

The Professional mode includes such VueScan advanced features as specifying colour depth, adjusting colour space, histogram, watermarks, and more

I can't recall how much it costs, but you get free updates, and I recall thinking it was pretty good value for the flexibility it gives.

Look for Martin Hensons video on the forum, he goes through a setup to scan b/w negs.

Just had a look at the resources page and Ian has posted exactly what I was looking for, I'll try it out later. Can't seem to find Martins video, but I've probably not looked hard enough.

Just had a look at the resources page and Ian has posted exactly what I was looking for, I'll try it out later. Can't seem to find Martins video, but I've probably not looked hard enough.
It's on you tube. There are two excellent processing videos by Martin.

To follow the steps in the above videos, you will need to buy ColorPerfect, but if instead of selecting RAW as output, you just select jpeg or tiff, you can let vuescan do the conversion from neg to pos and edit as normal in your post processing program (photosop or whatever)

Pete

Last edited:
Cheers Ian. I think this is what I need. I'll hopefully have some time later to have a proper look.

Back