Trashy old snapshot rediscovered by Snapseed.

Jay B.

Registered
The first one popped out on my old cheap mobile unasked, because it was taken 5 years ago. At that time, photography was not really in my mind, I wasn't post-processing those snapshots and was hardly looking at them ever again, guess I made them only because I had paid for the lens! I just share this because I am perplexed (again) that with a more fastidious view and only the most elementary editing skills even such a worthless everyday shot can reveal a better picture. And it's only a two-minute-editing on the same mobile phone. Praise to Snapseed again (which I know is not really a substitute for the big ones), but a great foolproof toy/tool (to repeat myself). Style: fine art, trees lighted up with a brush, plus auto-correction, a frame: that's it.
lake before.jpglake after.jpg

Impressive, at least on my phone screen.

I've got snapseed, but don't often use it, as any halfway decent photos I take on my phone I tend to bring into my normal workflow in Photoshop.

I've never been able to work out why it's called Snapseed. It sounds like a bit of software designed for the horticultural industry.

I've got snapseed, but don't often use it, as any halfway decent photos I take on my phone I tend to bring into my normal workflow in Photoshop.

I've never been able to work out why it's called Snapseed. It sounds like a bit of software designed for the horticultural industry.
1) I hardly take halfway decent photos with my phone anyway:), but for occationals as above, it's fun.
And unlike Affinity, which is my PS, I can play around with it in office or waiting for the bus!

2) The name may want to suggest it lets the "seed" of your "snap"shot sprout?!?:confused:

Going a bit off piste here, but regarding names , I've often wondered myself who on earth thinks these names up?
A good example is Snickers bars, which were once called Marathon, but Snickers! sounds like a cross between Sneakers and Knickers.
There was a shoe shop down the King's road in Chelsea called
R. Soles :D

Back